With the start of a new decade, where do you look for inspiration when creating a romantic interior in your home? The answer: the 2010s!
In this blog post, we take a look at the most romantic movies of the last ten years to bring you some interior design inspiration. Whatever your style – cosy and cuddly, sleek and sophisticated, dreamy and idyllic – there’s something for everyone.
1. About Time
Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy travels back in time to meet girl again… Richard Curtis’ 2013 rom-com starred more comfy, shabby chic-interiors than you can shake a feather at.
Whether you fall in love with the grand but ageing Cornish house, or want to snuggle into the romantic leads’ eclectic London home, there’s plenty of inspiration to be had in About Time.
Get the look with a patchwork bedspread:
- Catherine Lansfield Salisbury Floral Easy Care Quilted Bedspread
- Dreams ‘N’ Drapes Patchwork Bedspread
- Paoletti Nantucket 100% Cotton Quilted Bedspread
2. Crazy, Stupid, Love
Ryan Gosling’s deluxe apartment is styled as the ultimate bachelor pad. Fortunately, it’s not enough to put off the romantic interests of Emma Stone in this multi-generational rom-com that stole hearts in 2011.
Get the look with animal print rugs and cushions in dark earthy tones:
- Flair Rugs Faux Animal Zebra Print Rug
- Charlotte Thomas Faux Suede Cushion Cover
- Furn Aurora Textured Corduroy Cushion Cover
3. Great Gatsby
If in doubt, look to the 1920s for inspiration. From art deco to regency, there’s plenty of drama to be had in the 2013 film adaptation of this classic tale of unrequited love. We’re particularly in love with Daisy’s sitting room – full of soft textures and feminine touches.
Get the look with a beautiful rug and plenty of floral cushions:
- Flair Rugs Nova Odine Traditional Rug
- Scatter Box Alison Flower 100% Cotton Feather Filled Cushion
- Fusion Beechwood Leaf Trail 100% Cotton Cushion Cover
4. Call Me by Your Name
Is there anything more wonderful than a holiday romance? In Call Me By Your Name, the lovers meet in the glorious sunshine of Italy and spend their days lounging in the sunshine or cooling off in the shade of an impressive 17th-century villa.
Get the look with plenty of traditional and antique-style rugs:
- Flair Rugs Pavillion Stirling Traditional Flat Weave Rug
- Think Rugs Boston G0532 Traditional Fiesta Rug
- Flair Rugs Pavillion Balmoral Traditional Flat Weave Rug
5. Fifty Shades of Grey
Would any list of romantic movies of the 2010s be complete without a mention of Fifty Shades of Grey? Christian Grey’s minimalist apartment gives the subtlest of hints towards his hidden passions by using pops of reds in his grey-toned living room.
Get the look with stone-coloured rugs and splashes of orange and red:
- Luxmi Cairo Heavyweight Hand Woven Rug
- Riva Paoletti Boden Textured Weave Fringed Throw
- Scatter Box Velvet Sheen Feather Filled Cushion
Like what you see? Or have we missed your favourite film? Then let us know! Leave your comments on Facebook or get in touch on Instagram.